In line with WDP’s year-on-year growth and expansion, we’re looking to recruit a Business Development Manager Energy as a Business - Energy Storage & Trading.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE UP TO
- You identify and develop new business models under the umbrella of "Energy as a Business" with the focus on energy trading and storage. All models must be profitable business, respond to the energy capacity of our buildings and aim to improve the business of our tenants.
- You develop a business model and launch first pilots around BESS for a more profitable and stable energy supply.
- You develop local energy communities with the authorities, cities, communities, businesses in the neighbourhood, etc. to optimize our energy supply and sales.
- For each model you create a new business "from scratch" taking into account the maturity of the proposed technology, cost estimation, contract negotiations, the regulations, the needs of the customer, internal and external parties, etc.
- You'll push this model until the business is proven (by the pilot projects) and scaling up can start.
- You'll also be responsible for WDP's energy contract management: purchasing and injection of electricity (and gas) in all countries. You are also responsible for setting up and managing ancillary & other services to make these assets profitable.
- You'll work closely with the Head of Energy & Sustainability to bring the product in line with the global WDP strategy.
HERE'S YOUR PROFILE
- You are a born entrepreneur, self-managing and dynamic by nature
- You have an engineering degree, preferably in civil engineering "electrical engineering" or "energy", or commercial engineer.
- You have 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years in renewable energy as energy contract manager, expertise in battery project deployment, EMS systems, etc.
- You have a strong knowledge of the energy market.
- You're perfectly bilingual Dutch-English; French or Romanian is a bonus.
- You're an excellent negotiator.
- You're easy going and a networker.
- You're a sales person and understand the needs of the customer.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You feel comfortable in an entrepreneurial and fast-growing environment.
HERE'S WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
A job at WDP means working in a rapidly growing, international environment.
WDP offers you a permanent contract with a competitive salary, company car, fuel and charge card, iPhone, expenses allowance, meal vouchers, individual target bonus, collective bonus plan, long-term bonus, group insurance, Flexible Income Plan, etc.
Initially, you follow an extensive onboarding programme. Then throughout your career at WDP, you receive internal and external training.Besides all this, you will be warmly welcomed into a team of enthusiastic colleagues who are always ready to lend a helping hand.