Logistics real-estate specialist WDP is the market leader in the Benelux and Romania, and also operates in France and Germany. Our team runs projects tailored to users’ needs.
WDP started as a family business and is now listed as BE-REIT on Euronext Brussels and Amsterdam and is a member of BEL20, with a market capitalisation of approximately seven billion euros. We strongly believe that professionalism in our relationships and way of working is paramount.
We recognise the importance of all our employees in this, and therefore aim to foster an open, informal culture that encourages personal growth and development.
Do you have a ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality, and are you a hands-on entrepreneur who enjoys variety and challenges? Would you like to join a growing business where you can develop on a personal level? Then don’t hesitate and apply today!
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE UP TO
In the performance of your job, you will report directly to the Head of Accounting.
1. Operational part:
On the operations side, you are responsible for the accounting for domestic and/or foreign companies. Your duties comprise two parts:
A. You monitor the operations of several companies:
- You oversee and support the daily activities of the accountants of these companies.
- You ensure that tax and statutory requirements are met.
- You will support the controller during the quarterly and year-end closings. These duties include providing support on the associated budgets and follow-up on the closings.
B. You manage one or more of the companies:
- You prepare the statutory annual accounts and work in close contact with the external auditor.
- You take an active role in the quarterly and year-end closings of your company/companies. In keeping with these duties, you are also the point of contact with the statutory auditor.
- You closely monitor the tax and statutory requirements of your company/companies.
- You process acquisitions, capital increases, etc.
2. Improvement part:
- You take a proactive role in the review of existing accounting processes and utilise continuous improvements to update and successfully implement changes within the accounting team and other departments.
- You will also take the lead in ad hoc and/or IT-related projects (e.g. e-invoicing, self-billing, etc.). Specifically, you collaborate with other colleagues to draw up a clear analysis and action plan. During these projects, your role is to monitor progress and ensure deadlines are met.
- You keep abreast of evolutions and developments within your field and apply this knowledge within the company.
HERE'S YOUR PROFILE
- You hold a master’s degree in finance or a bachelor’s degree complemented by at least a decade of experience in a large company or international group.
- You have an analytical mind, are great with numbers, and work in a structured and problem-solving manner.
- You can work with MS Office (especially Excel) and are IT-minded.
- ERP experience is required, preferably with SAP of S4H.
- You can express yourself well in Dutch, French and English.
- You are a team player happy to ensure the (group) deadlines set are met. You can also give direction to help your colleagues achieve outstanding results.
- You are communicative, dynamic and feel comfortable in a fast-growing environment.
HERE'S WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
A job at WDP means working in a rapidly growing, international environment.
WDP offers you a permanent contract at a competitive salary, including a company car, iPhone, expenses allowance, meal vouchers, bonus plans, group insurance, Flexible Income Plan, etc.
Initially, you follow an extensive onboarding programme. Then, throughout your career at WDP, you receive internal and external training.
In addition, you will be warmly welcomed by a team of enthusiastic colleagues who will train you to achieve the group objectives together.
Are you interested? Respond via our website www.wdp.be or e-mail your CV to griet.heirman [at] wdp.eu.