In line with WDP’s year-on-year growth and expansion, we’re looking to recruit a Sustainability Engineer.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE UP TO
- You are responsible for WDP's energy monitoring system: you ensure good cooperation with our partners, monitor the quality of the data, and ensure that we continue to improve together in line with our energy data strategy.
- You are responsible for the energy and sustainability calculations: footprint calculations, LCA of materials, GHG Protocol calculations, EPRA SBPR figures, etc.
- You are our expert in sustainable materials and maintenance techniques
- You coordinate the various decarbonisation tracks as set up in our Climate Action Plan. This concerns both emissions from our own offices (Scope 1 and 2), but especially for the decarbonisation of scope 3 both in upstream new construction projects and downstream use by our tenants or O&M activities.
- You provide information about possible alternative materials and, together with the Project Managers, you look for the best solution for new projects and with the Property Managers for renovations.
- You work in an annual cycle of needs identification (most polluting materials); alternate ID; impact calculation; proposal; implementation (with other teams).
- You support the 'Energy as a Business' team with technical state-of-the-art information about emerging innovations in energy technology. In addition, you support the Project & Portfolio Managers with ready-to-implement solutions that improve energy consumption.
- You evaluate the technical maturity of various innovative technologies and their potential importance for WDP.
- You also inform about possible new subsidy schemes, together with our legal teams.
HERE'S YOUR PROFILE
- You have a master's degree in engineering sciences, preferably a civil engineer with a specialization in construction, sustainable development, sustainable materials or energy management.
- You already have several years of experience in energy or sustainability.
- You speak perfect Dutch, with a very good knowledge of French and English.
- You are meticulous and analytical.
- You are a team player.
- You have a hands-on, can-do mentality.
HERE'S WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
A job at WDP means working in a rapidly growing, international environment.
WDP offers you a permanent contract with a competitive salary, company car, fuel and charge card, iPhone, expenses allowance, meal vouchers, individual target bonus, collective bonus plan, long-term bonus, group insurance, Flexible Income Plan, etc.
Initially, you follow an extensive onboarding programme. Then throughout your career at WDP, you receive internal and external training.
Besides all this, you will be warmly welcomed into a team of enthusiastic colleagues who are always ready to lend a helping hand.